Did you know?
- The Buy/Hold Plus performance figures are the returns actually experienced by our clients AFTER ALL FEES.
- Check your Performance Statements from your current managed account program. Most TFS used Managed Account Programs have unaudited, before fees, non-client correlated performance.
- Much time, effort and expense is spent to have our performance audited.
- The Buy/Hold Plus 2015 Independent Accountant’s Report ending 2015 can now be found on our website.
Is Your Managed Account Performance Audited? Most are not. What are you portraying to your clients?
Our Quarterly Fund Replacement Review has been performed. In keeping with the program’s goal of maintaining only the highest quality funds in the investment portfolio, the following changes have been implemented: Continue reading
Recently there has been a rash of Change of Broker/Dealer submissions that have either included too much information or not enough information, so it’s a good time to review what is and not necessary.
1) A New Account Form if the client is new to the B/D or if the information has not been updated in the last 3 years. A NAF is necessary for each registration type being processed.
2) A completed Change of Broker/Dealer and/or Representative Authorization form. Most vendors have their own form, which is acceptable to use in place of the TFS form. Submitting both forms is not required. The vendor form is acceptable providing the client and representative sign the form, and client’s account number and social security number are on the form.
3) A recent statement from the vendor.
—Separate forms may not be required for each account. Accounts can be grouped providing the registration and vendor is the same. For instance Mary Smith has 3 IRA accounts with Franklin Templeton. All 3 accounts can be listed on the same form. (Please remember to write each account number on the form or else the vendor will reject the request.) Also, Mary and John Smith have 1 account with Franklin Templeton and 1 account with Lord Abbett. 2 forms must be a submitted in this case.
Our Quarterly Fund Replacement Review has been performed. In keeping with the program’s goal of maintaining only the highest quality funds in the investment portfolio, the following changes have been implemented:
- iShares North American Natural Resources (IGE) exchanged for Vanguard Materials ETF (VAW) — Due to the recent volatility in the Natural Resources asset class, it provided us with an opportunity to harvest some short-term tax losses by substituting IGE for the materially similar VAW.
- RS Select Growth Y (RSSYX) exchanged for iShares Mid Cap Growth (IWP) and Eagle Mid Cap Growth I (HAGIX)
The fund families currently owned in model portfolios are now: Laudus, Franklin Templeton, SunAmerica, iShares, J.P. Morgan, T. Rowe Price, Delaware, Eagle, Oppenheimer, MFS, AMG Managers, Weitz, Metropolitan, Vanguard, Western Asset, and TCW.
For the performance of each portfolio model, or additional information on any of the extensive ongoing management benefits, please feel free to contact Tara Giarraffa Recupido at (800) 614-2980 or visit BuyHoldPlus.com.