New Pricing on PruLife UL Protector Effective February 27
Prudential is introducing new pricing on PruLife UL Protector, effective February 27, 2017, pending state approval.
- Level pay increases will range from 4-10% varying by cell. Average increase of 6% for ages 55-75.
- Single pays increases will range from 9-19%. Average increase of 12% for ages 55-75.
- Target Premiums will be increased. Generally, target premiums will be higher than level pay premiums.
- Face amount limits will be removed on applied for policies using the new rates.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a shortened transition period of 21 days along with a placement deadline of June 30th. Please refer to the transition rules below for further detail.
The following rules apply to any request for New Business, Term Conversion, or OPAI (Option To Purchase Additional Insurance) Conversion.
- February 27, 2017 (Ready to Sell Date): New Rates for the revised product are in effect. The current face amount limit of $5 million is removed for New Rates. All applications signed and dated on or after February 27, 2017 will receive New Rates (unless Old Rates are requested and permitted)
- March 19, 2017 (Transition Period End Date): Last day that an application can be signed with a request for Old Rates
- If Old Rates are desired for an application dated during the 21-day Transition Period, a written request, along with the appropriate presentation version, must be submitted on or after the state introduction date
- The face amount limit of $5 million is still in effect for Old Rates
- Applications dated March 20th and later will receive the New Rates only
- March 27, 2017 (Home Office Receipt Deadline): Applications based on Old Rates must be received in the Home Office by March 27, 2017. Applications dated prior to March 20 but received in the Home Office after March 27 will be processed with the New Rates
- June 30, 2017 – Inforce Placement Deadline – A policy applied for before or during the transition period must have all delivery requirements signed and received by the Home Office in good order by this date to receive old rates. The Inforce Placement Deadline will be adjusted for 1035 exchange cases where the only outstanding item is receipt of the 1035 funds at the time of the June 30, 2017 deadline.
- States that approve the revised product after February 27, 2017 will have their “Ready to Sell Date”, “Transition Period End Date”, “Home Office Receipt Deadline”, and “Inforce Placement Deadline” adjusted.
Call me with any questions and illustration requests!
Thomas P. Hyland, Jr.
Business Development Specialist
(732) 758-9300 x127
Insurance Products Offered through TFS Insurance Brokerage, Inc.
Securities Offered Through TFS Securities, Inc. Member FINRA & SIPC
Investment Advisory Services Offered Through TFS Advisory Services
Mortgages Offered Through TFS Mortgage Corporation, Inc.
Find out about us at www.tfsweb.com