MetLife/Brighthouse has announced that they are ceasing the sale of all current life insurance products (full details below), with the exception of their PAUL product, 1 year term, and level term for face amounts over $1 million. Obviously, this comes as a shock to the industry, especially considering their commitment to keeping a highly competitive term portfolio and limited competition in the whole life brokerage space.
Effective February 3, 2017, MetLife will sunset the following products:
• Promise Whole Life
• Promise Whole Life 120
• Promise Whole Life Select 10
• Promise Whole Life Select 20
• Promise Whole Life Select 65
• Guaranteed Level Term (face amounts less than $1M only)
• Secure Flex Universal Life, Provider Universal Life
• Legacy Advantage Survivorship Universal Life
• Equity Advantage Variable Universal Life
Key dates for this product sunset are as follows:
- February 3, 2017 – Applications must be received in good order at the Home Office by this date.
- March 3, 2017 – Applications for term conversions that do NOT require underwriting must be received in good order at the Home Office by this date. The February 3, 2017 application deadline applies to term conversions that do require underwriting.
- April 28, 2017 – Issue deadline.
- May 26, 2017 – Payment deadline.
Brighthouse Financial will offer the following life insurance products:
Following the separation of U.S. Retail, Brighthouse Financial will make the following life insurance products available for sale. These products will not differ from the current MetLife versions as of the date of separation:
• Premier Accumulator Universal Life
• Guaranteed Level Term (minimum face amount will equal $1M)
• One Year Term
Note that applications for these products can continue to be submitted after February 3, 2017. For applications submitted after this date, policies will be issued by Brighthouse Life Insurance Company (or Brighthouse Life Insurance Company of NY). However, a Metropolitan Life Insurance Company policy will be issued for term conversions for which applications are submitted in New York on or before March 3, 2017 and underwriting is not required. Premier Accumulator Universal Life and Guaranteed Level Term will no longer be sold by MetLife as a result of the U.S. Retail Separation.
Please refer to this web page for more information.
We encourage you to take a close look at your inforce MetLife term policies to identify possible term conversion opportunities before the due dates listed above. If you need assistance, your sales representatives at Tomorrow’s Financial Services can provide you a list of those policies placed through us.
Thomas P. Hyland, Jr.
Business Development Specialist
(732) 758-9300 x127
Insurance Products Offered through TFS Insurance Brokerage, Inc.
Securities Offered Through TFS Securities, Inc. Member FINRA & SIPC
Investment Advisory Services Offered Through TFS Advisory Services
Mortgages Offered Through TFS Mortgage Corporation, Inc.
Find out about us at www.tfsweb.com